[squeak-dev] Is there a way to determine the screen size without first going to full screen mode?

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Tue Jan 16 19:52:18 UTC 2018

Hi Eliot,

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately that doesn't help.  I'm working on a clock morph that
allows the face of the clock to be a picture and optionally contain/display a calendar morph
with it.  For my current needs it will be displayed full screen.  I can get it to look good
under those circumstances.  When I'm finished, I would like to make both morphs available to
other Squeakers.  Therefor, I want it to look good in less than full screen mode.  Building
things for full screen size and shrinking them down, looks best.  So, I would like to know the
full screen size, build (run time construction of face, hands, calendar and such) the morphs
and then shrink them to the required size.  Without being able to do this there isn't much
reason to share the work as it will look bad to often.

I will keep trying.  Maybe for now I will just put up with the flash of the screen to get its
size.

Lou