[squeak-dev] source.squeak.org --- Responsiveness

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 04:50:47 UTC 2018

:)  Your memory was keener than mine, actually.  As I tail'd the log
when it came back up, I saw the message "Starting Garbage
Collection", and it reminded me about this issue from a couple of
years back..  A strange phenomena with this application
(SqueakSource+Magma) and VM that, upon completion of the initial
the first garbage collection after that would take like 2 minutes.
But, after that, it was pretty much fine, pretty snappy.

So, rather than the enduring that pain at a random time, I decided
that at a known time was better.  On startup.