[squeak-dev] Serious garbage/storage leak issue with MCInfoProxy

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jan 19 18:47:44 UTC 2018

The problem I have with proxies *as a user* is that when you’re doing something where they help, they're great and when you do something where they surprise you and trigger some time-consuming thing they’re terrible. Finding a middle ground may be difficult.

In a case where something triggers a load of packages - which is almost always going to be pretty time-consuming, even when you have gigabit internet and the package server is in a really good mood - it would be nice to have some opportunity to stop it. In fact I think it would be nice to have a reasonably clean ‘stop this right now!’ button on the progress morph for almost any kind of long-running activity.

tim
Strange OpCodes: SLTMDL: Shift Left, Test Mask and Dim the Lights