[squeak-dev] Where to put clock and calendar morphs?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Jan 20 02:16:56 UTC 2018

> On 18-01-2018, at 11:53 AM, Louis LaBrunda <Lou at Keystone-Software.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All, Especially Tim and Bob,
>
> I'm getting close to being ready to share my clock and calendar morphs.  For now I have been
> building them in category: 'RotaryDialMorphs'.  My ClockImageMorph is a sub-class of
> RotaryDialMorph, CalendarDisplayMorph is just a Morph.  Should I make my own category to house
> them or keep them added to 'RotaryDialMorphs'?  I'm thinking make my own category but I would
> like some opinions.

The RotaryDialMorphs have been moved into the mainstream MorphicExtras-Widgets category. Best bet for a simple fix would be to email me the fileout and I’ll incorporate it.

You may want to slightly rename your calendar morph though as there is already one in the EToys packages (hey, an actual case for environments and namespaces!), but side from that, make yourself an account on SqueakSource.com and start a project, upload your code and so on.

> Also, as part of making fancy hands for the clock morph, I have a method that draws a 5 point
> star.  For now this is a class method of the clock morph that gets passed a form.  I'm thinking
> maybe it should be an extension of Form, so the star would just be drawn in the form.  As such
> it would probably be better in my own category.

I think for something quite package specific it would be easiest to leave it as a class method for your clock morph.

tim
"Mr. Worf, scan that ship."  "Aye aye, Captain... 300 DPI?