[squeak-dev] On the performance of our browsers... THEY TICK!

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Sun Jan 21 20:08:32 UTC 2018

> If it is true that the stepping updates are being done primarily to ensure
> updates for all browsers within a Morphic world, and if it is also true
> that some sort of registry is required, then it might make sense for the
> current world to be responsible for keeping the registry, such that change
> notifications would be delivered to browsers within the current world, and
> not to all browsers in all of the other Morphic projects that may exist
> in an image.
It is common for me to have browsers open on the same class across
different projects, so I would appreciate if all browsers were updated.

Actually, I have already be bitten by old code still being displayed as
current in a browser. I do not remember the details though, but it could
involve swapping projects.

Stef