[squeak-dev] Trunk update broken

Max Leske maxleske at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 17:59:23 UTC 2018

Hi Eliot,

On 22 January 2018 at 12:13:35,
squeak-dev-request at lists.squeakfoundation.org (
squeak-dev-request at lists.squeakfoundation.org) wrote:

Hi Max,

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 9:19 AM <http://airmail.calendar/2018-01-21
09:19:00 CET>, Max Leske <maxleske at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>

> Hi Max,
>
> I think this is related to the latest VM used by SmalltalkCI, which seems
> to crash on Travis' macOS environment during in-image update.
>
> I don't think so. The Travis build runs on Linux and I can reproduce the
> issue locally on macOS.

What are the steps? Incremental update isn't broken, so is it update from
the initial release?

Apparently, SmalltalkCI downloads the latest trunk image and then applies
the updates with "MCMcmUpdater default doUpdate: false". AFAICT, something
seems fishy with Kernel-nice.1127 (update-nice.422), at least that's the
package that appears to hang when I try to evaluate that statement manually.

Image:

Squeak6.0alpha

latest update: #17412

Current Change Set: Unnamed1