[squeak-dev] Opening two debuggers in a single doit

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 23:31:46 UTC 2018

Hi All,

    I'm comparing two close copies of a class in attempting a complex
refactoring, comparing the original code with the close copy.  In doing
this I need to open up two debuggers to step through the two computations
simultaneously.  If I try it this way, where the two JITs break at a
particular bytecode:

[:m :opts|
 [StackToRegisterMappingCogit cog: m options: opts] fork.
 Processor yield.
 AltStackToRegisterMappingCogit cog: m options: opts]
value: TabbedPalette class>>#unload
value: #(ObjectMemory Spur64BitCoMemoryManager
debugBytecodePointers #(59)
compilationTrace 0).

I get an emergency evaluator :-(, and if I type restart I only ever get one
debugger.  What's the right way to do this?

To boil down the example I need this to work:

    [1 halt] fork.
    Processor yield.
    2 halt

i.e. I want to be able to get two debuggers, one open on 1 halt, and the
other on 2 halt.
best, Eliot