[squeak-dev] Opening two debuggers in a single doit

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Jan 25 01:18:51 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 04:31:57PM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:

> > On 24-01-2018, at 4:25 PM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hold your horses :D
> > It _is_ sent, indirectly, via:
> >
> > openContext: aContext label: aString contents: contentsStringOrNil
> > 	"Open a notifier in response to an error, halt, or notify. A notifier view just shows a short view of the sender stack and provides a menu that lets the user open a full debugger."
> >
> > 	^ Project current
> > 		dispatchTo: self
> > 		addPrefixAndSend: #OpenContext:label:contents:
> > 		withArguments: { aContext . aString . contentsStringOrNil }
> >
> > Which, in turn, is also sent???

Oops, sorry. Fixed in System-dtl.996.

The original #flag: methods were in Project>>dispatchTo:addPrefixAndSend:withArguments:
and the replacement mechanism is to use <hasLiteralTest: #isDispatchSelector:
to identify the target methods. I guess I left this one out when I converted to
the (much nicer) pragmas.

> Good grief. What an excellent way to confuse our tools. Most definitely not a technique I???d ever suggest teaching.

Indeed, please do not include this in your curriculum.

I felt badly about inventing this in the first place, but it was the best
I could come up with, and I checked with Andreas and he said that it was
not too horrible, so we went with it.

Dave