[squeak-dev] Squeak newbie- VisualWorks to squeak

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Jan 29 13:46:43 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 06:17:17AM -0700, OldSmallTalker wrote:
> After 20 years of VisualWorks development, I got laid off. I'm switching to
> Squeak. Are there any GUI development tools similar to the VW tools I'm
> familiar with?

Welcome!

I am sure you will get better answers from others on this list, but here are
a few links to give you an idea of what has been done in this area:

  https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects/wiki/designer

  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/GuiBuildingTools

  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1984

If you are interested in web based interfaces, there are links to Seaside and Aida
here:

  http://squeak.org/projects/

Dave