[squeak-dev] [RFE] Enhancing Backgrounds

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 09:33:13 UTC 2018

I know this.

What I can't do (still) is having GradientFills for all projects, not just
the current one.

This is for have the green degradee background as in 3.10.2 ,k but for any
projec.

And how to have a different background for each.
I like wood and any shop selling woods potentially have a catalog of
pictures.
A easy solution could be have a collection of Form of pictures and select
from the list.
Maybe some wish made money with a huge instructive woods catalog with
descriptions  or use for each, etc.
A "WoodSqueakApp"

Edgar
@morplenauta

On 01/07/2018, 13:38, "H. Hirzel" <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Each Project object has a ResourceManager object and that has a
resourceMap (a
> dictionary it seems). I do not know if this could be
used for backgrounds or
> is meant for other purposes. Needs to be
checked.

Further I remember that
> there is the option that each project has its
own background, searching

> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1
gave for example

Desktop Background Example

> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1796

How to set the pane background of a
> Workspace to a picture
   http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1322

And maybe this
> one
    FAQ: Background Colors
    Last updated at 9:51 pm UTC on 9 February
    http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/782