[squeak-dev] [RFE] Enhancing Backgrounds

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 10:43:55 UTC 2018

Yes, this works and I use it.
What I means is

Setup World background globally.
Each time you made a new project, the choosen background shows if was a
Form.
A solid color or a Picture converted to Form.
I (still) do not found how setup a GradientFill globally

On 02/07/2018, 07:00, "K K Subbu" <kksubbu.ml at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 01 July 2018 05:53 PM, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> Folks:
> We don't
> have Gradient fills or individual background fills for each
> project.
I am
> not sure if I have understood your question properly, but the
facility
> already exists in Squeak 5.2alpha:

* Open a new Morphic Project
* Press ESC
> to bring up world menu -> appearance
* Select "set gradient color ..."
*
> Verify background color changing to gradient.
* Revert to home project
> (Previous Project)
* Reenter project
* Verify that the gradient background is
> restored.
* Save project into a file.
* Quit and Restart image
* Load project
> back from file.
* Verify that the gradient background is restored.

HTH ..