[squeak-dev] [5.2a] styled text in a class comment spawns endless subscript out-of-bounds

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Jul 4 18:00:40 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jul 04, 2018 at 11:50:19AM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:
> > It is not clear to me why selectInvisiblyFrom:to: would be adding one to the
> > stop index, but I see that the method stamp is jmv 5/27/2011
>
> Did you check the commit comment?   'browse origin'

The 'browse origin' search does not seem to find it (maybe I'm using it wrong?).

But the method originally entered Squeak here:

  Name: Morphic-ar.149
  Author: ar
  Time: 6 August 2009, 4:23:12 am
  UUID: fc14d160-97da-6142-8002-827d24037a57
  Ancestors: Morphic-jmv.148

  Integrate Cuis text editors. The new classes are Editor and TextEditor
  (in Morphic-Text Support). TextMorph now honors the preference
  #userNewEditors to determine whether to use the (old) TextMorphEditor
  or the (new) TextEditor (shameless plug: pragma preferences rock; check
  out TextMorph class>>useNewEditors).  There is still a ways to go before
  this will work but it gives us the starting point to knock down the
  remaining issues with the editors (mostly keyboard shortcut issues).

If you look at senders of selectInvisiblyFrom:to: in Squeak, there are
several cases where the sender subtracts 1 from the stop index before
sending. There are no such cases in Cuis.

Dave