[squeak-dev] voice control of the Squeak IDE

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:55:43 UTC 2018

Amazing as always

On 05/07/2018, 05:54, "Craig Latta" <craig at blackpagedigital.com> wrote:

Hi all--

     As part of the Caffeine VR system, I'm working on
> voice
recognition. When wearing a VR headset without AR cameras, it's
> useful
to control the system by voice, without having to look at a
> physical
keyboard. I'm using the Web Speech API[1] on Chrome, which has a
> good
recognizer that requires no training. I've adapted the natural
> language
state machine framework from Quoth[2] to work with the A-Frame[3]
> VR
support I've written for Caffeine[4].

     So far, I've implemented
> phrases for moving and rotating the
camera, like...

-    "Move forward 10."
-
> "Move up 15."
-    "Rotate left 45."
-    "Go home."

     ...and phrases for
> controlling the Squeak IDE, like...

-    "Open a browser."
-    "Browse
> implementors of at colon put colon."
-    "Close window."
-    "Find a
> class."
-    "New method."
-    "Start typing."
-    "Accept."
-    "Evaluate
> three plus four."

     What would you expect a speech-capable Squeak IDE to
> understand?

     thanks,

-C