[squeak-dev] [5.2a] styled text in a class comment spawns endless subscript out-of-bounds

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 09:02:20 UTC 2018

On Friday 06 July 2018 12:19 AM, Bob Arning wrote:
> Well, that drops styling altogether if it is not exactly right. You
> could try to patch up the runs with:
>
> aRunArray size > aString size ifTrue: [aRunArray := aRunArray copy from:
> 1 to aString size].
>
> aRunArray size < aString size ifTrue: [aRunArray  addLast: {} times:
> aString size - aRunArray size].

Good idea. I will upload a changeset into Inbox.

Also, #setString:setRunsChecking: and #setString:setRuns: are
categorized as private but are being sent directly from other classes
like converters and streams.

Should I change senders to send #string:runs: instead and merge these
two methods? Are there any implications for efficiency if the check is
done at every Text initialization?

Thanks and Regards .. Subbu