[squeak-dev] Cleaning unneeded UpdateStreamDownloader

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 08:58:15 UTC 2018

I proud to work with Andreas once.
Keep the mail exchange as treasure.

I have now in a Monticello modify.
Made a numbered .cs from each trunk update.
A way of keep my version and not the trunk one for all packages except
Monticello.
And off course my .sar inside Monticello .
I skip Monticello update for this reason
You could see a experimental list here:
http://squeakros.org/updates/

Edgar
@morplenauta

On 23/07/2018, 20:30, "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> Fully agree. I was thinking of a scenario in which the update stream
> is
generated by, and is not a replacement for, the VCS.

I think that this has
> been done in the past with our MC based update
stream. Maybe Andreas did it?
> Or Edgar? Sorry I do not remember.

For any VCS, including Monticello, if it
> is possible to implement an
update stream with that VCS, then it must also be
> possible for an image
that is being updated to keep track of its update
> history in the form of
a list of change sets. And it should be possible for
> that list of change
sets to be re-applied to another image to achieve that
> same end result.

Dave