[squeak-dev] Squeak3D plugin [was Re: A new Squeak release]

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 00:49:53 UTC 2018

Hi Bert, Hi Stef,

moving to vm-dev cuz it makes more sense there...

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 11:37 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
wrote:

> On 4 March 2018 at 19:16, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Stéphane,
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 6:17 AM, Stéphane Rollandin <
>> lecteur at zogotounga.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I can't even get that far. How did you get from the link mentioned

>>> I used the first link...
>>>
>>> now from the second I just found squeak.cog.v3_win32x86_201803032041
>>> which is more recent, but still with the same outcome: 3D primitives are
>>> missing.>
>>>

>> and if you put "B3DXUsesOpenGL=0" in Squeak.ini what happens then?
>> AFAICT all the 3D support is included in the VM as it ever was.  I'm sorry,
>> but I'm not very familiar with the 3D support on Windows.  I do know that
>> Ronie got the OpenGL example working on Mac OS in 32 and 64 bits late last
>> year.  And I think we tested all platforms and found it worked.  What that
>> implies for the B3DAcceleratorPlugin on win32 I don't know.

>> _,,,^..^,,,_
>> best, Eliot
>>

> ​Is the ​Squeak3D plugin included as well? I think that's the one Stef
> wants, in addition to B3DAcceleratorPlugin.

For reasons I don't understand the Squeak3D plugin (internal name
B3DEnginePlugin & subclasses) is built only on build.linux32ARMv6, and as
an external plugin.  Does anyone know how this came to be?

I will try and build the Squeak3D plugin on Mac OS X in the Squeak VMs, and
if it seems to work will commit that change.  Can someone please try and
build on Win32 & Win64 and the other linux platforms?  It's bizarre that
this has been left out.  Also should it be included in the Pharo VM,
Esteban?

​- Bert -​

best, Eliot