[squeak-dev] Survey: what do you do with Squeak, what do you *want* to do?

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Fri Mar 9 04:01:11 UTC 2018

Frank Shearar-3 wrote
> I don't see how… Squeak could save you from that

install: packageCollection
	| cmdTemplate sortedPackages packageLines command comment |
	comment := '- Main reference:
https://docs.docker.com/develop/develop-images/dockerfile_best-practices/#run
- We chose to omit `--no-install-recommends` because the (small?) size
difference didn''t seem to be worth the potential problems (see
https://askubuntu.com/questions/65081/what-are-the-implications-of-no-install-recommends-apt-get-install)
- `-y` isn''t needed because it is implied in `-qq` (see
https://askubuntu.com/questions/258219/how-do-i-make-apt-get-install-less-noisy#comment322444_258226).'.

	cmdTemplate := 'apt-get -qq update && apt-get -qq install \\
    {packages}
    && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*'.

	"Sort per
https://docs.docker.com/develop/develop-images/dockerfile_best-practices/#sort-multi-line-arguments"
	sortedPackages := packageCollection sort.

	packageLines := String streamContents: [ :s |
		sortedPackages
			do: [ :e | s nextPutAll: e; nextPutAll: ' \' ]
			separatedBy: [ s lf; space; space; space; space ] ].

	command := cmdTemplate format: { #packages -> packageLines } asDictionary.
	^ self new
			command: command;
			comment: comment;
			yourself

You could say I just kicked the can down the road because the
alphabetization problem still exists inside Smalltalk, but since it's
turtles all the way down, if it really bothered me I could hack together a
little GUI to edit the list!

-----
Cheers,
Sean