[squeak-dev] Balance of metrics

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 18:20:12 UTC 2018

>> I believe a tangible, well-crafted top-layer could be like a layer of
>> gold for Squeak-appeal, if we wanted it to be.  All we need are a
>> little beautification of select methods, some deliberate commenting,
>> possibly some method attribute structure and...  widget think.
>>
>> What do you think?  Is there a potential treasure of appeal, within
>> fairly easy grasp, hidden in plain sight for Squeak?  I'm interested
>> in your thoughts.
>

> I mostly agree with you, but this is actually a very ambitious project.
> It is difficult to get people (me included) motivated to do such small
> changes all over the place...

I'm actually just trying to establish a desirable direction on our
compass than push for any action toward an ambitious project.  The
top-layer of the library still has some beauty and elegance left.

> And any design issue is thorny for a communauty, as we do not all have the
> same aesthetic.

Indeed.  I will continue to object to changes which move it away from
mass-appeal and compatibility.

 - Chris