[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Environments-dtl.72.mcz

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 23:54:36 UTC 2018

Hi David,

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 12:10 PM, <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:

> David T. Lewis uploaded a new version of Environments to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Environments-dtl.72.mcz

> Name: Environments-dtl.72
> Author: dtl
> Time: 17 March 2018, 3:09:49.564301 pm
> UUID: e9aed004-8798-41c0-83f9-a04f5963dd55
> Ancestors: Environments-jr.71, Environments-fbs.27
>
> Merge Environments-fbs.27
>
> =============== Diff against Environments-jr.71 ===============
>
> Item was added:
> + ----- Method: Environment>>rootClasses (in category 'accessing') -----
> + rootClasses
> +       "return a collection of classes which have a nil superclass"
> +       ^ (self select: [:each | each isBehavior and: [each superclass
> isNil]]) asOrderedCollection.!

At least for me this isn't quite good enough.  There's a possibility that
someone could establish a variable whose value is a root, e.g. by

Smalltalk at: #MyRootClass put: ProtoObject

and that would cause rootClasses to answer a duplicate.  So IMO it needs to
do one of
- convert to a set and then back to a collection
- answer a set
- enumerate over associations, selecting those classes whose key is the
same as their name

best, Eliot