[squeak-dev] Crazy idea for a programming editor in Squeak *for C*

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 19:00:03 UTC 2018

Hello Tim and Tim

A very simple start could be a few lines of code which parse a
C-Program (or JavaScript program) and put all the functions into
methods. For each function a method.
And a 'weight pragma in the method in order to maintain the sort order later.

Then I can manipulate the methods containing the code strings in a
SystemBrowser and later on regenerate the C or JavaScript program.

Then with increased refactoring something more complex could be developed.

This makes sense when developing Smalltalk code which needs some
external C-functions as well.

It might as well be useful to have a generator for Makefiles. Some of
them are difficult to maintain.

Best wishes
Hannes