[squeak-dev] ActiveWorld and World globals

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue May 8 15:46:57 UTC 2018

Hi Tim,

> On Nov 25, 2017, at 10:36 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>

>> On 25-11-2017, at 7:09 AM, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> ... The most useful feature is  that you can easily move objects in
>> and out of the subproject to the parent project.
>
> … except I haven’t made any noticeable use of projects in decades. The only reason I ever used to use them was to have separate changesets for different bits of work and and as soon as there were multiple changesets available with a tool to manipulate them I dropped Projects completely.

When working on the VM I find it useful to use different projects for different activities such as a project each for JIT, FFI, Slang, etc.  Sometimes they overlap but often they're sufficiently discrete and there's so much code to interact with that keeping my things separate is key to a day not spent merely digging for windows hidden behind other windows...