[squeak-dev] Broken menu in explorer

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu May 10 17:26:04 UTC 2018

If you look in the code for ObjectExplorer (which is not a terribly pleasant experience) you can find implementations for #browseFull, #classHierarchy & #browseFullProtocol but not #browseClass

Just within the three methods actually there we have three totally different ways of opening a new browser; via ToolSet, via systemNavigation and by direct testing of Smalltalk isMorphic. Sigh. Nice thing to clean up for a simple job.

The practical problem is that ToolSet appears to have no access to make a single-class browser (which we do have, Browser newOnClass: works perfectly well) and in any case ToolSet goes via yet another damn AppRegistry (SystemBrowser). So we'd have to add methods to ObjectExplorer, ToolSet, SystemBrowser and probably another dozen currently hidden places. But in principle, implement ObjectExplorer>browseClass and ToolSet>browseSomethingOrOtherButNotClassBecauseThatIsAlreadyMisusedForBrowseFull and SystemBrowser>somethingOrOther

Or delete it from the ObejctExplorer menu.

tim
Useful random insult:- Overdue for deincarnation.