[squeak-dev] A suggestion: allowing ctrl+drag in morphs

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Fri May 11 08:39:49 UTC 2018

> Hmm... it does not seem right to add such a side-effect into
> "tryInvokeMetaMenu". The actual issue is that CTRL+RED never reaches the
> image but is transformed to CTRL+YELLOW in the VM, which is related to
> single-button-mouse support.
>
> At the moment, there is no way to make a morph react to CTRL+RED(drag)
> accordingly. :-(

You missed the part where I say I have it work in muO... I just test for
controlKeyPressed in mouseMove and that's it. But I first need to
inhinbit the meta menu, and this is what my suggested patch allows.

So, I do not see this as a side-effect to tryInvokeMetaMenu, but simply
as a hook allowing me to bypass the meta menu mechanism. I really don't
mind if you put that hook anywhere else, but it is useful, because it
allows a drag gesture to happen while CTRL is down. That's enough for
me, and that's enough to have CTRL+DRAG gestures by testing for
controlKeyPressed in mouseDown events.

If you want to see it in action I can send you an example image.

Best,

Stef