[squeak-dev] A suggestion: allowing ctrl+drag in morphs

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Fri May 11 10:17:23 UTC 2018

 > The actual issue is still RED -> YELLOW. That's why the meta menu is
 > invoked in the first place. Your suggestion/fix is a rather unstable
 > workaround. :-/ Sure, you can make it work for a single application.
 > Yet, it breaks in the general sense.

I do not understand what you mean by unstable. What is wrong with
testing that the CTRL key is pressed during a mouseMove:?

I do not understand either what you mean by "work for a single
application". My code lets each Morph subclass decides if it wants the
meta menu or not. It doesn't change anything to the behavior of morphs
that do not explicitely reject it. So what is it breaking?

I have had this working for years in muO. The reason I am proposing some
code now is that I just realized, in the process or porting muO to
Squeak 6, that it has become much simpler to implement now, thanks to
your refactoring BTW.

Please have a look at the image I just uploaded at
http://zogotounga.net/swap/CtrlDrag.zip and see by yourself if there is
anything unstable there.

Again, what I propose is just and only to be able to escape the meta
menu mechanism. What is the justification for not allowing a way to bail
out of it?

Best,

Stef