[squeak-dev] Squeak board meeting notes 2018-05-16

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Wed May 16 21:46:10 UTC 2018

Yay!  Notes!.  Like Tobias said.

Digging into the past, the last set of notes (called Minutes back then) as
in March 2014.  Thank you for reviving this practice!

I also noted in passing that the previous notes were all done by Craig
(thanks again!) and two of the other Chris folks - but not me.

As far as feedback on the notes themselves:

What is MAT?

Also, while researching that bit, I stumbled across this exchange from
February:

-----------------
On Thu, Feb 08, 2018 at 06:34:24AM -0300, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
<snip>
> And a proposal .
> We need "bench" members like sports teams.
> Board could meet on open channel as regular basis and the rest could join
as
> observers.
> As way of web meeting my suggestions goes to Discord as do not have the
> limits of Slack

<David's response>
I like your idea of holding open meetings. There are some times when the
board needs to discuss something privately. For example, there are rare
cases where inappropriate behavior on the mailing lists needs to be
discussed. But most of the time, the board is discussing things of general
interest.

Has there been any additional discussion about this?

Thanks,
cbc