[squeak-dev] [RELEASE] Setting Preferences

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed May 16 22:58:25 UTC 2018

> P.S.: I prefer to have those preferences to be the exact opposite you
> suggested.
> Colored windows make it a lot easier to find the tool you are looking for.
> #reuseWindows: is sometimes very annoying. For example, when you open an
> explorer on an object to see its state, then mutate the object, and try to
> open another explorer to see how the state changed, but it just won't
> open...

Try the green halo, it is meant to duplicate windows, useful in
that and in other use cases, too.

Alternatively, I also think maybe we ought to commit the attached
change to trunk, which would also allow you to do that by simply
dirtying the bottom pane (i.e., type a space).

Reuse Windows is great, besides reducing window proliferation, it
mostly allows bypassing the need to "find windows" by enabling a more
"directive" way of working (where I sinmply select or type what I want
and let the machine do the work).