[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.6 on 32-Bits FreeBSD 11.1

Edwin Ancaer eancaer at gmail.com
Sat May 19 04:06:43 UTC 2018

Hello,

Squeak seems not to be made for FreeBSD.
I removed the cameraplugin and the UUIDplugin, but at 96 % of the build,
the error

/home/edwin/squeak/platforms/unix/vm-sound-ALSA/sqUnixSoundALSA.c:254:9:
error:
      duplicate case value '-32'
          case -ESTRPIPE: {     /* stream suspended */
               ^
popped up again.

I tried to remove the sound plugins,SoundCodecPrims SoundGenerationPlugin
SoundPlugin but that did not help.

I then removed the offending case statement (logically, I could just get
the wrong error message there).

What I see is the squeak window opening, with a black rectangle in the
upper left corner, and then the coredump starts.

I'm afraid for now, I reached the limits of my possibilities. I'll have to
choose, stay with FreeBSD and GNUstep, or back to Linux with Squeak....
perfection does not exist in this world. I will keep following the mail
list anyway, in case something pops up.

Thanks anyway for the assistance.

Edwin Ancaer