[squeak-dev] Workspace-Window.morph file from Squeak 3.10 does not load in Sq5.2a (was Re: Old morphs failing to load in 5.2)

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Mon May 28 03:56:12 UTC 2018

On 5/27/18, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 5/27/18, Edgar De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> http://squeakros.org/5dot2Crashes/Screen%20Shot%202018-05-27%20at%2007.56.47.
>>> png
>>>
>>> Here you could see side by side n 3.10 and
>>> in Squeak5.2alpha-18019-64bit-All-in-One.app.
>>> I wish have some like this in 5.2 so all could see what is new , fixed,
>>> etc
>>> Squeak style
>>>

>> To avoid reaching the point where it crashes put a halt:
>>
>> Afther having dropped the *.morph file with the workspace inside then
>> in the course of events
>>
>>     Morph class>> fromFileName: fullName
>>
>> is called.
>>
>> See
>>     Morph class fromFileName:
>>     http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1025
>>
>> morphOrList then contains then the SystemWindow with the  Workspace.
>>

>> From here we have to find out what to do...
>
> I go deeper and found this
>
> http://squeakros.org/5dot2Crashes/Screen%20Shot%202018-05-27%20at%2017.51.43
> .jpg
>
> As you see in 5.2 we have SystemWindowButton as subclass of IconicButton.
>
> The methods dim and undim exist in SystemWindowButton and not in his
> superclass, this is what the cause.
>
> I don't think
>
> initKnownRenames
>     renamed
>         at: #FlasherMorph put: #Flasher;
>         at: #AlansTextPlusMorph put: #TextPlusMorph;
>         at: #Project put: #MorphicProject;
>         at: #Presenter put: #EtoysPresenter;
>         at: #InputSensor put: #EventSensor;
>         yourself
>
> Could resolve this isue.
>
> Exporting only the ScrollabeField don't crash and seems preserve the
> colors,
> etc but is almost useless

Go for

       PluggableTextMorphWithModel new openInHand

You can have different colors, font size and evaluation of expressions works.

If you drop the attached file
       myPluggableTextMorphWidthModel3.10.2.morph
into Squeak 5.2alpha, it loads fine.

Probably the morph should be put onto a RectangleMorph first to allow
for moving it around easily.

In 5.2a

      PluggableTextMorph new openInHand

also works.