[squeak-dev] VM sending keystrokes on mouse-wheel?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 23:24:16 UTC 2018

The bug doesn't exist in the 5.0-201807260206 VM.  This affects the
input events coming in, which manifests in ways no one can predict.

Honestly guys, we literally threw away all the months of accumulated
confidence value from testing that VM.  This software is too complex
to safely release any other way than long test cycles.  There isn't
any extra cost to the "wait" approach, whereas slamming in untested
code potentially costs a lot -- everybody now has broken binaries out
there, and now we have to put out yet another release of 5.2.  :(
It's just not worth the risk...