[squeak-dev] VM sending keystrokes on mouse-wheel?

Bob Arning arning315 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 4 01:53:35 UTC 2018

Not sure if this is the same, but it sounds similar to something I have
experienced in recent squeaks. See if this helps at all:

'From Squeak5.1 of 23 August 2016 [latest update: #16548] on 3 November
2018 at 9:50:50 pm'!

!TextMorphForEditView methodsFor: 'event handling' stamp: 'raa 11/3/2018
21:50'!
keyStroke: evt
     | view |
     editView deleteBalloon.
     (editView scrollByKeyboard: evt) ifTrue: [^self].

     [(evt controlKeyPressed
         and: [evt commandKeyPressed]
         and: [evt keyValue = 28 or: [evt keyValue = 29]]
     ) ifTrue: [
         ^self    "funky trackpad code scrolls - yecch"
     ].] on: Error do: [ :ex | ].

     self editor model: editView model.  "For evaluateSelection"
     view := editView.  "Copy into temp for case of a self-mutating doit"
     (acceptOnCR and: [evt keyCharacter = Character cr])
         ifTrue: [^ self editor accept].
     super keyStroke: evt.
     view scrollSelectionIntoView.

     "Make a cheap check and guess editing. (Alternative would be to
copy the old contents and then compare them against the new ones. Maybe
add a better hook in the TextEditor."
     (self readOnly not and: [evt keyCharacter isAlphaNumeric or: [evt
keyCharacter isSeparator]])
         ifTrue: [view textEdited: self contents].! !