[squeak-dev] Swikion Raspi

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Nov 11 18:23:58 UTC 2018

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 04:02:45PM +0100, Herbert K?nig wrote:
> Hi,??
>
> The Swiki Swiki offers 3.7 based images. Is there a vm and image combination that could run the swiki on a Raspi?
>
> I want to run a tiny house wiki on our LAN.
>
> Cheers,??

Hi Herbert,

If you want to run the existing 3.7 based image, you can use an
interpreter VM that you compile on your Raspberry Pi. I think that
it has been a year or two since I last did this, but it should work.

The instructions for compiling the VM are at http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6354.

You will need to use apt-get to install a few development packages
first (C development tools, CMake, and Subversion). I'm sorry I don't
have any notes on this but if I can find a keyboard and display for
my old Raspberry Pi, I'll see if I can find the specific packages
needed.

As long as you have the development tools installed, you should be
able to follow the instructions on that swiki page, or just run
the shell script linked from that page at
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/uploads/6354/mkvm

Dave