[squeak-dev] [ANN] Live type info for Squeak!

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 18:44:37 UTC 2018

Hi,
 I uploaded a Squeak5.2 image with live type info to
https://github.com/hernanwilkinson/Cuis-Smalltalk-DynamicTypeInformation
 It is in the "image" directory. The VM is on the "VMs" directory (you can
use it with a regular VM but it will not store type info).

 There is a workspace with some collaborations to try like looking the
"typed senders".
 Also, the browser has an option to see the "typed source" in the "source"
button.

 Sadly I did not have the time to implement typed sender/implementors when
browsing because a change in the encoder is needed. I neither had the type
to modify the rename method, but I think it is a nice start to see how it
works :-)

 Cheers!
 Hernan.

--

*HernĂ¡n WilkinsonAgile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching*
*Phone: +54 - 011 - *6091 - 3125

*Mobile: +54 - 911 - 4470 - 7207email:
hernan.wilkinson at 10Pines.comsite: http://www.10Pines.com
<http://www.10pines.com/>*
Address: Alem 693, Floor 5 B, Buenos Aires, Argentina