[squeak-dev] Squeak 5.2 release on 13th Oct?

Fabio Niephaus lists at fniephaus.com
Sun Oct 7 15:36:47 UTC 2018

Hi all (especially Edgar),

As you may know, the next Squeak e.V. meeting is next Saturday (13th Oct)
and I'd like to suggest that we release Squeak 5.2 that day. I've had a
chat with Patrick who is putting together the release notes and it looks
like we could produce a first release candidate as soon as tomorrow (8th
Oct) or the day after. That will give us a few days for testing and high
priority bug fixes. Also, I would generate a new OpenSmalltalkVM release if
Eliot does not object.

Please let me know if you have any concerns. Otherwise, I'd update the VMs
one more time and generate an RC1 from trunk as soon as the release notes
are ready.

Best,
Fabio