[squeak-dev] [Test][Squeak5.2rc1][SqueakMap] FFI entry in SqueakMap catalog for 5.2?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Oct 14 00:33:21 UTC 2018

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 06:40:03PM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:
> > It sounds like we need a new release called '5.2' with a load script
> > that looks similar to the load script for '3.10' but with package
> > versions that match what you get when you load '(head)'. That new
> > release should be tagged for Squeak5.2, and it should be "published"
> > from the http://map.squeak.org site. Does this sound right?
>
> Yes, absolutely.  And, once we have the template from this Squeak
> release established, it becomes incredibly easy to simply do what you
> said above, since you just select "Create New Release", and update
> version numbers in the script to what they show in the Monticello
> browser.
>
> Any one of the 1.62 Magma packages can serve as the first template.
> Just delete the pre-req load if you don't need it and change the
> package names to the current correct versions of FFI.
>
>  - Chris

OK, I just made a new '5.2' release in SqueakMap for FFI that loads
the three latest package versions, the same versions as when I load
'(head)' from SqueakMap.

I did not test and I cannot confirm it's right, but if '(head)' works
then I think this should be OK.

Hannes, can you please try updating your SqueakMap loader, then load
the '5.2' release for FFI?

If this looks good, we can go to the http://map.squeak.org page and
"publish" the new 5.2 release for FFI. That should make it loadable
at the package level from a SqueakMap Package Loader.

The load script that I added is:

  #('FFI-Pools-TorstenBergmann.4' 'FFI-Kernel-eem.55' 'FFI-Tests-cbc.9') do:
    [ :each |
    (Installer repository: 'http://source.squeak.org/FFI') install: each ].

Dave