[squeak-dev] [ANN] UtCDateAndTime on SqueakMap for Squeak 5.2

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 01:58:34 UTC 2018

Hi Dave,

It sounds like it could be a good improvement, but yes, it is a bad
idea to replace an entire subsystem only "If no objections."  This
really does need a thorough peer review, and get the code battle
tested in real-world application code to find all the bugs not exposed
by just the unit tests.  (Look how long we went without noticing the
bug in Timespan>>=.

As a safety valve from your eagerness, allow me register my objection
now.  This is just temporary to make sure we all can have time to
understand all the tests it breaks and the impacts or trade-offs of
those.  Hmm, however, if tests are failing anyway, it's hard to get
motivated to even invest time in it when what we have is already
working...

Best,
   Chris