[squeak-dev] My formula for loading & starting Seaside in Squeak 5.2

Tim Johnson digit at sonic.net
Sun Oct 21 05:33:36 UTC 2018

Hi,

In case anyone finds this useful, this is the DoIt that has worked for me to load (& start) Seaside in Squeak 5.2:

Installer ensureRecentMetacello.

(Smalltalk at: #Metacello) new
 baseline:'Seaside3';
 repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
 load.

(Installer ss3 project: 'WebClient')
	install: 'WebClient-Seaside-Adaptor'.

"Optionally use the control panel to add adaptor, start and to set encoding"
"WAControlPanel open."

"do the above but without using the GUI"
((Smalltalk at: #WAWebServerAdaptor) port: 8080)
	codec: ((Smalltalk at: #GRCodec) forEncoding: 'utf-8');
	start.

The codec is optional – but the above allows me to put emojis into my components, like:

crayon
	^ WideString fromPacked: 128397

renderContentOn: html
	html text: self crayon.

Thanks to everybody whose hard work has kept this going!

Tim J