[squeak-dev] [ANN] Open Croquet for Squeak 5.2 (32bit) release

Nikolay Suslov nsuslovi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 12:55:14 UTC 2018

Hello Chris,

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 9:27 PM Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of Squeak's coolest projects ever, thanks Nikolay!
>
> One question, sorry I didn't try but will it work in 64-bit Squeak and, if
> not, why not and when will it?

Yes, actually it should.
I just have updated Open Croquet integration with support of SmallFloat64
class, which is used by default on 64 bit Squeak.
I have tested this on Windows'10 with
http://files.squeak.org/5.2/Squeak5.2-18225-64bit/Squeak5.2-18225-64bit-201810190412-Windows.zip
and Croquet works.
Don't forget to enable B3DXUsesOpenGL=1 in Squeak.ini for OpenGL.

Here is the preloaded 64 bit image:
https://www.krestianstvo.org/sdk/croquet/Squeak5.2-18225-64bit-Croquet-Image.zip
or do (Installer fromUrl: '
http://sdk.krestianstvo.org/sdk/croquet/croquet-sn.4.mcm') install.

As for macOS, there is seems to be a problem with the B3DAcceleratorPlugin
for 64 bit, which constantly craches the VM.
May be somebody had a success of running B3DAcceleratorPlugin with OpenGL
on 64 bit Squeak for macOS?

Best regards,
Nikolai