[squeak-dev] some SqueakJS benchmarks, comparing Smalltalk with JavaScript-via-Web-Workers

Craig Latta craig at blackpagedigital.com
Wed Sep 5 19:36:26 UTC 2018

> By using a worker, the SqueakJS UI continues uninterrupted while the
> JS code runs in a separate thread, potentially on a separate physical
> processor.

     And the most useful thing about Web Workers to me at the moment is
for servicing JS callbacks in something which is truly a separate
thread. Ideally, I would service all JS callbacks with Smalltalk
processes, but the cost of just getting back into Squeak to begin
servicing a JS callback is extremely high.

-C

--
Craig Latta
Black Page Digital