[squeak-dev] SqueakMap problems trying to add new release of MQTT

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 19:51:41 UTC 2018

Hi Tim,

One thing that would help is to understand that the server is still
running on a very old version of Squeak (3.x), and that the
serialization takes longer than your local image's timeout setting.
So you can avoid the timeout error by increasing your timeout, or
just be aware of that to know it'll eventually get saved.

As for your 404, the instructions at the wiki:

   http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6180

instruct you to select "Create New Release" (step 8).  The additional
"Edit Release" step was put in only after you had changed the
SqueakMap client to default to the "template" script instead of the
script of the selected release.   I have since fixed that, so maybe we
can put the wiki instructions back.

But why did you think you wanted "Edit Release" to create a new
release?   If you edited your old Release to make a new version, then
the old version will become no longer available to those older
versions of Squeak.  Please keep your old versions around, and
instead, Create a New Release.

 - Chris