[squeak-dev] swiki edit requiring https and log in?

Fabio Niephaus lists at fniephaus.com
Tue Sep 18 00:40:06 UTC 2018

Hi Tim,

On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 at 3:47 am, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> > On 2018-09-16, at 10:44 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
> >  And where would I get a login/password (there is no 'register' option
> appearing)? Is it set up to allow a password from some other related site
> like squeakmap?
>
> D'oh, ok the old default password works, which is, like, d'oh.
> But why bother with https for stuff we leave open?

HTTPS is enabled for a bunch of squeak.org subdomains (for good reasons)
and it's easier to enable it for others than to disable it. I also don't
see why we wouldn't want to have it enabled for our wiki or do you want to
keep sending your login credentials in plain text through the web these
days?

Anyway, are you still having any issues?

Fabio