[squeak-dev] Error when installing OSProcess from SqueakMap

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 23:07:14 UTC 2019

Hi Dave,

> I don't know what the issue is with the SqueakMap loading, but the
> 'head' scripts for OSProcess and CommandShell do this:

If you will click "edit releases" on your OSProcess, select that 14.8,
uncheck the "Published" box, no one will have that problem.

I think we had a discussion about the "Published" flag before and
generally agreed its not a very useful attribute and, in this case,
actually detrimental.

>   MCMcmUpdater updateFromRepository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/OSProcess' .
>
>   MCMcmUpdater updateFromRepository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/CommandShell'.
>
> These work fine when evaluated outside of SqueakMap, so I would suggest

They worked fine when loaded from SqueakMap, too.  It's the attempted
rendering of the list in SqueakMap UI where the different branches is
detected.

 - Chris