[squeak-dev] Adding access to outer scopes to DynamicVariable

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue Apr 23 06:04:12 UTC 2019

Hi Jakob,

I want to implement a dynamic lookup mechanism using dictionaries that are bound via a dynamic variable. Due to subclassing DynamicVariable using a proper name, such outer-scope access will be modular and maintainable in this scenario. I think that one would not consider this as "regular application code" but rather "meta-stuff in a framework". :-)

Hi Frank,

would it make sense to add those delimited dynamic variables to trunk?

Best,
Marcel