[squeak-dev] Bug in #tryInvokeHalo:

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 04:41:30 UTC 2019

Hi Stef,

I just tried those steps.  I can reproduce the problem when I click in
the *gray area* (e.g., parent-most morph) on the right side of the
halos, but when its in that same gray area on the left hand side, or
any other morph like the Help button, it works.  Very strange.  There
must be something unique about this particular "Same" game's Morph
structure or w.r.t. how it interacts with the new implementation of
#tryInvokeHalo:.  This is the first Morph I've seen behave this way.

The problem with reverting the change to tryInvokeHalo: is that it
reverts what that change fixed.  I think it won't be very hard to step
through that in the debugger and see why its happening.  I'll try to
take a look tomorrow or this week.

I also support Marcel's idea of defining how we want it to work in some tests.

Best,
  Chris