[squeak-dev] The Trunk: KernelTests-nice.358.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sun Apr 28 00:16:11 UTC 2019

Nicolas Cellier uploaded a new version of KernelTests to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/KernelTests-nice.358.mcz

Name: KernelTests-nice.358
Author: nice
Time: 28 April 2019, 1:51:22.467166 am
UUID: 607e8c38-5586-4894-8e92-013e69fe774b
Ancestors: KernelTests-nice.357

Slightly change the set of LargePositiveInteger probe and exhibit a problem in sqrtRem.

This is because I did not respect the pre-condition that most significant digit a3 be at least 1/4th of the digit base b.

a3 >= b/4

I made a confusion of log scale...
I thought that a3 having at least 3/4 of the byte length of b was enough... Err!

b/4 means that we can only offer 2 bit less than b!
if self digitLength is a multiple of 4 bytes, and self most significand byte has two leading zero bits or more, the pre-condition is not OK...

=============== Diff against KernelTests-nice.357 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: LargePositiveIntegerTest>>x13kbits (in category 'accessing') -----
  x13kbits
  	"Return a 13 kilo bits integer"
  	^(15 to: 44 by: 4)
+ 				inject: 9753102468
- 				inject: 9876543210
  				into: [:big :bits | big * big << bits + bits]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: LargePositiveIntegerTest>>x92kbits (in category 'accessing') -----
  x92kbits
  	"Return a 92 kilo bits integer"
  	^(11 to: 51 by: 4)
+ 			inject: 1357924680
- 			inject: 1234567890
  			into: [:big :bits | big * big << bits + bits]!