[squeak-dev] Squeak and the SoundPlugin in cog VM

Christian Kellermann ckeen at pestilenz.org
Thu Dec 5 19:43:15 UTC 2019

* Patrick Rein <patrick.rein at hpi.uni-potsdam.de> [191205 09:21]:

> Hi Christian,
>
> just a wild guess (I can not check it right now) but you might have a SoundPlayer with activated reverb?
>
> You can stop it from doing that with:
>
> SoundPlayer stopReverb

Oh indeed! Wow, that was quite a surprise. Why would the default
SoundPlayer have a reverb effect switched on by default?

Thanks, it seems to work now. Next step is to provide a non-(vm)-blocking interface.
Does anyone know how the semaphore mechanism is supposed to be used on the plugin side?
How is concurrent sound output handled in the Squeak image?

Thanks!

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.