[squeak-dev] Incorrect keyboard mapping with Ctrl key in latest Smalltalk VM release (Windows 1903 64bit, squeak.cog.spur)

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Dec 10 16:20:24 UTC 2019

Hi all,

after updating to the latest OpenSmalltalk VM version (see specs in the subject line), I cannot use simple hotkeys such as Ctrl + a any longer. However, using Alt instead of Ctrl works fine. I run the latest Trunk image side-by-side, one time with the delivered VM from the Trunk download (201911012148), one time with 201911282316. Sensor kbdTest shows the same information for both applications when I press Ctrl + a, however, only the old VM accepts the combination. I even observed that using the new VM, Ctrl + a moves the cursor to the beginning of the editor, Ctrl + d to the end.

Something seems to be wrong here; unfortunately, I have no clue what, so I will be happy to give you all the necessary information.

Best,

Christoph

PS: Closing the VM also looks different, just like in old times, using the new version:

[cid:c43b0036-a93d-432a-9a4d-f8419da5be5a]