[squeak-dev] Possible Bug in WebClient

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Fri Dec 13 10:23:37 UTC 2019

Hi, there!

I can easily fetch some graphics from the Web:

response := WebClient httpGet: 'https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ef/Commander_Keen_cover_art.jpeg'.

However, the #content in this WebResponse is a ByteString even though the content-type is image/jpeg. I would expect the #content to be a ByteArray.

content := response content.

Because of this, I have to explicitely convert it before ImageReadWriter can work its magic:

form := ImageReadWriter formFromStream: content asByteArray readStream.

That's inconvenient. Maybe even a bug? Don't know.

Best,
Marcel

P.S.: Why doesn't SecureSocketStream respond to #reset? I cannot do this:

ImageReadWriter formFromStream:
            (WebClient httpGet: 'https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ef/Commander_Keen_cover_art.jpeg')
                         contentStream.