[squeak-dev] Bad backwards scrolling selection extension bug

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Dec 18 09:19:11 UTC 2019

Hi Eliot,

confirmed. I will look into it. Already have an idea where to look...

Best,
Marcel
Am 17.12.2019 22:58:07 schrieb Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com>:
Confirmed in a scrollable Workspace, too.  Down seems to work, just not up...

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 1:29 PM Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com [mailto:eliot.miranda at gmail.com]> wrote:

Hi Marcel, Hi All,

    I notice that backwards scrolling selection extension no longer works properly, at least in the Transcript.

To reproduce, ensure your Transcript is full of many lines of text.  Scroll to the bottom.  Click and hold the left button at the end of the selection.  While holding the button down move the mouse to the top of the Transcript window (or a little beyond) to start scrolling backwards while extending the text selection.  It used to be that the text selection would continue to extend from the current cursor/mouse point to the end of the selection.  This no longer happens.  This is a rather serious text selection regression.  IMO it needs to be fixed before the next release.

best, Eliot