[squeak-dev] BUG/REGRESSION while debugging Generator >> #nextPut:

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Dec 18 13:42:38 UTC 2019

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 08:07:49AM +0000, Thiede, Christoph wrote:
> Wow, great to hear that you could locate the probable reason! :-)
>

> By the way, do we have any kind of automation code for the search you did? Is squeak-history capable of doing so? If not, I think such a thing could be a powerful tool!

In this case I did it manually. I had no idea what the problem might
be, so I did not know what to look for. Therefore I started with a
Squeak4.5 release image, and located the update map that corresponds
to that image, I did that by browsing update maps until I found the
one that matched. Then I manually merged each sequential update map,
testing after each merge until I located the problem.

Dave