[squeak-dev] The Inbox: PreferenceBrowser-ck.85.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 22:52:52 UTC 2019

Hi Christian,

My request to not include it in trunk as-is was directed at the trunk
committers, you have no need to apologize.  I'm glad you got to go through
the lifecycle of contributing to Squeak including making a version and
submitting it to our shared inbox repository.

Good question though, the best way to deal with micro improvements is to...
(wait for it...)..  not.  Seriously, stopping to package up a piece of
micro dust just breaks your momentum.  Just keep working toward your
broader goal, don't worry about changes accumulating, saving your image at
the end of the day with dirty packages is the normal case.  When your
meaingful-unit-of-improvement is ready to present to the world, craft your
Version entries with the same care for clarity and compactness as you did
the code, as if your name will forever be associated with this piece of
work, since, it will.

Welcome to Squeak.  I look forward to your future contributions which will
be worth reading about.

Best,
  Chris